The role of Human Resources is changing, as companies delegate more and more responsibility for their HR to line managers and supervisors. Other, usually larger companies however still have a dedicated HR department which deals with all the companies’ human resourses responsibilities.
Whichever type of company you work for, it is important that you understand how much human resources is really about the employees, as well as aspects of legislation, policy, and procedures that involve human resourcing issues.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe different aspects of Human Resource Management
- Define Human Resources Management terms
- Recruit, interview, and retain employees
- Follow up effectively new employees
- Be an advocate for your employees’ health and safety
- Provide articulate feedback to employees
- Correctly manage situations requiring discipline and termination
- Evaluate some of the strengths and opportunities for Human Resources in your own workplace